This article will show you the different ways you can profit from short selling bitcoin. Note: Some of the following websites require you to own and use bitcoin as collateral to short bitcoin.
Short Bitcoin with CFD’s
SimpleFX.com offers Contracts For Difference which allow users to trade bitcoin with up to 10x leverage, without actually owning bitcoin. Sign up at SimpleFX then deposit your local currency, or a popular cryptocurrency, then you can short BTCUSD, BTCCNY, BTCEUR, or BTCJPY contracts.
- Available to traders worldwide, including the United States
- 10x leverage on cryptocurrency trading
- Litecoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash
- Anonymous -> No ID Verification if you deposit, trade & withdraw with cryptocurrencies
- Earn bitcoin by referring other traders
Short Bitcoin Futures Markets
Bitmex.com offers leveraged bitcoin futures contracts that let you trade on the future price of bitcoin. They offer a perpetual swap allowing you to close your position anytime, and a quarterly futures market letting you trade contracts for the value of bitcoin up to 3 months in the future. Bitmex offers up to 100x leverage on Bitcoin futures markets.
- Users who register from a US IP address are not permitted to trade.
- Up to 100x leverage to short bitcoin futures
- Dash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Ripple, Zcash, Monero, Tezos
- Bitcoin only platform – You must deposit and withdraw BTC
- No ID verification required
Short Sell Live Bitcoin Markets
Bitfinex.com is the largest bitcoin exchange in the world. It has enough liquidity to allow users to trade live BTCUSD markets with leverage. Bitfinex has a peer to peer lending system that lets you borrow bitcoins from other users to short sell them on the market. You can use USD or cryptocurrencies as collateral.
- No service to U.S. traders
- Short bitcoin against the US Dollar with up to 3.3x leverage
- Tons of altcoins and blockchain tokens to trade
- ID Verification only required for depositing/withdrawing from bank account.